Ready to try DataFlex - free?
DataFlex Personal is a perpetual, no-cost version of DataFlex Studio and limited deployment licenses for developing personal, private use, non-commercial applications. WIth Personal, developers can...
- Get acquainted with DataFlex without making a financial commitment
- Have a free, fast & easy mobile, web and WIndows development tool for personal, non-commercial applications
We believe so strongly that you will be thrilled with the power, efficiency and productivity of DataFlex that if you try it, you will decide to use it, buy it and join our community. Private use of Personal is free; for business use, a commercial license must be purchased. All we require for Personal is that you register your license and activate it upon installation. Try it now!
To get started with DataFlex Personal:
- Download DataFlex Studio
- During installation, select the option to Register your DataFlex Personal Edition and complete the registration form. You will then receive a registration code by email.
DataFlex Personal definition:
- A fully functional DataFlex Studio license with the same operating specifications as a commercial license
- Users must register and provide contact details to get an activation code
- Registration and activation remove time limit to create a perpetual Personal license
- Usable only for private, personal, non-commercial applications
- Includes 3-user Client Engine
- Includes Connectivity Kits for MS-SQL, DB2, Pervasive SQL and ODBC
- Includes Personal Web Application Server
- Product logo screen displays on each invocation of the Studio and Client Engine
Personal license - whats allowed?
- Development and personal applications for personal use
- Freeware distribution of your applications to others for their private, personal use only. Freeware created with Personal may not be the basis of any form of revenue generation or barter; paid services may not be performed using Personal.
- Educational use in not-for-profit classroom environments (high schools, colleges and universities).
Personal license - whats not allowed?
- Development and/or use of Personal applications in a business, governmental or institutional environment
- Any form of revenue generation, dependant transaction or sale of software or services created with Personal (including fee-based shareware)
- Business use of applications created with a Personal license
- Administrative use of applications created with a Personal license by educational institutions
Support for DataFlex Personal
Users of DataFlex Personal can receive free, on-line support in the Data Access Worldwide Community Forums.